Rest Day on the Main Page. Come in for skills, make ups, alternates, etc.
CFBK Strength Preference: CF Football
As rounds as possible in 12 minutes:
4 Clapping Pull Ups
6 Clapping Push Ups
8 Standing Broad Jumps (minimum of 6 feet per jump)
*Clapping pull up is done but pulling and releasing at the top of the pull up, clapping your hands and re-grasping the bar.
Post rounds completed to comments.
BK Elements #14, MW @ 8PM, starts Oct 26th.
Free Beginners Class TONIGHT @ 8PM!!!
CrossFit NYC Price Increase Effective January 1, 2010
(From Court, Josh, Hari)
While much of CrossFit transcends the annoying details of running a business, we occasionally need to acknowledge that we are constrained by a number of economic realities:
* Our Manhattan rent is probably the highest of any affiliate.
* Our Manhattan rent per square foot is certainly the highest.
* Our insurance company tells us that our premiums are the highest of any affiliate.
* Rent plus utilities, insurance, and related fixed monthly expenses currently exceed $100 per member.
* We provide approximately 2 coaching hours per member per month: (total WOD coaching hours per month) / (total members) = approximately 2.
* Monthly coaching and administrative payroll currently exceeds $80 per member.
* We pay ourselves nothing for running the business.
* We currently lose money.
The inescapable conclusion is that the service we provide costs more than we are charging.
Effective January 1, 2010, we will need to raise our rates as follows:
* Manhattan Regular Monthly Rate: $200
* Manhattan Student, Military, and Family/Couple Monthly Rate: $150
* Manhattan Regular Six-Month Rate: $1000
* Manhattan Student, Military, and Family/Couple Six-Month Rate: $750
* Brooklyn Regular Monthly Rate: $160
* Brooklyn Student, Military, and Family/Couple Monthly Rate: $120
* Brooklyn Regular Six-Month Rate: $800
* Brooklyn Student, Military, and Family/Couple Six-Month Rate $600
(Please note that Manhattan membership confers access to both of our locations, whereas Brooklyn membership only grants access to our Brooklyn location.)
It is our intent to use this rate increase to improve the value we provide to our members. We made significant progress in 2009. Between our two locations, we now run nearly 100 classes (including 80 WOD classes) per week. We have upgraded our Manhattan location, and made significant investments in equipment. We have over a dozen CrossFit-certified instructors on staff.
We plan to grow and improve even more in 2010. Specifically, we intend to:
* Move to a much better Brooklyn facility. (We're already in negotiations)
* Add more WOD classes at both locations
* Purchase more equipment for both locations
* Sponsor more social events--Rest Day dinners, brunches, fundraisers, competitions
* Improve the overall maintenance and cleanliness of both facilities
As a courtesy to our current members, from now until December 31, we will allow you to purchase as many six-month memberships as you wish at the current rates. However after January 1, 2010, the above rates will apply.